Monday 10 August 2015

Use Confirmation Page


Recently I came across a weird issue, one of the user raised an incident that he can't see the use-confirmation page and he is getting access denied error in-spite of having administrative rights on the site.

I checked myself and confirmd that he was one of a site collection admin, when I myself tried to access that page, I was getting SQL error, that page doesn't exist.

I searched a lot and found some solution, below are the steps:

Use Confirmation page URL : http://sitename/_layouts/useconfirmation.aspx

Description: This page is used to confirm that this site is in use,
Issue type: If anytime you get access denied error that means, this site has read only access or might get locked

Solution:


  • Go to --> central admin--> application management---> 


  • under site collection--> configure quotas & lock


  • select the desirable site---> and check "lock status for this site" should be selected as "Not locked"


And that's it, it  should work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hide Time from events in Calendar list or webpart Use below code in content edit webpart or by editing list page in SharePoint designer ...